Michael Dennis and Cooper

On Dec 1st, 2009 (7th Birth Day) my son Rajeev got a small fish as birth day gift from my neighbor Vijaya. For quite some time before this, Rajeev had been demanding for a pet. Finally, he was very happy, excited and what not!!! He named him Michael Dennis; he gave food and was just around it for 30mins. Suddenly he started crying and said; “I am doing so much for Dennis, but, he is not happy with me”. I convinced him saying that Dennis will take some time to get adjusted, as it came to us leaving its family and friends. Then he thought for a while and said “OK, let us send it back to its family”. I told him its too late in the night and that we can do the arrangement in the morning. He got up in the morning, went to school and then forgot everything; even the fact that Dennis is in the house.
My mother-in-law took charge of changing water and feeding Dennis while all of us had fun watching it grow. In January, M-I-L was away for a week and it was for me & Rajeev to take care of Dennis. It’s a small little fish but, changing water is a BEEG exercise! I asked Rajeev how can Dennis be his pet while granny is being the care-taker, for which Rajeev said it’s bcoz granny is his friend and helping him. Again grew fond of Dennis during this time and got closer to his granny (gratitude??!!).
Now that Rajeev has a pet, one more demand had to come on its way…and we heard him soon; we should get one more fish, because Dennis is alone and we cannot give company as another fish. We did make some effort but took back the idea when we got to know that Dennis is a fighter fish and putting another fish in the same container is not safe.

Day before yesterday, I met Vijaya (my neighbor who gifted the fish) and thanked her and said that Dennis has become part of our family. By the time I reached home yesterday evening, My MIL and Rajeev gave me a surprise, a gold fish, a gift again from Vijaya!! The shop keeper told that fighter fish gets along well with this one and putting them together should not be an issue. Rajeev named the new fellow as Cooper!! We observed that Cooper was exuberantly active and diving in the waters while Dennis was keeping itself down in the water and dull. Some change!!
Today morning, I got up and came straight to see Dennis and Cooper only to find Cooper lifeless; very painful it was and felt very heavy for Rajeev, aunty and me. Rajeev repented for not having put them separately.
I am feeling very awkward inside for what has happened. …….
I checked the meaning of Cooper..Cooper means somebody skilled in making and repairing wooden barrels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Install Visual Studio Code on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

How to apply for L2 EAD in the USA

Application for Social Security Number